On this page you find SOLID presentations from the annual EAAP Meetings
The 66th EAAP Annual Meeting will be held in Warsaw, Poland 2015 from 31st August – 4th September 2015 – Official website here
EAAP Annual Meeting 2014, Copenhagen, Denmark
Session 26. Organic livestock farming – challenges and future perspectives
Date: 26 August 2014; 14:00 – 18:00 hours
Chairperson: T. Kristensen
- Organic resilient animal farming systems to meet future livestock production challenges
- What makes organic livestock production sustainable?
F.W. Oudshoorn, A. Stubsgaard and C.G. Sørensen
- Organic livestock farming systems in the Central France: evolution of the performances and drivers
P. Veysset, M. Benoit, J. Belvèze, O. Patout, J.L. Reuillon, E. Morin and M. Vallas
- Definition of a global research program for organic farming in Walloon area for 2015-2020 horizon
D. Stilmant, D. Jamar, V. Decruyenaere, A. Vankeerberghen, M. Abras and E. Froidmont
- Challenges and future perspectives of different organic beef cattle farms of Southern Europe
A.J. Escribano, P. Gaspar, F.J. Mesias, M. Escribano and A.F. Pulido
EAAP Annual Meeting 2013, Nantes, France
Session 45. Feed efficiency: physiological and genetic mechanisms
Date: 29 August 2013; 08:30 – 12:30 hours
Book of abstract
- Physiological aspects of feed efficiency in ruminants
Bannink, C. Reynolds, L. Crompton, K. Hammond and J. Dijkstra
- Genetics of feed efficiency in ruminant and non-ruminant animals
EAAP Annual Meeting 2012, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Session 20. Organic and low input dairy farming systems
Date: 28 August 2012; 14:00 – 18:00 hours
Book of abstract
- Environmental impact of dairy farming systems in Denmark, Germany and Italy
Matteo Guerci, Troels Kristensen and Marie Trydeman Knudsen
- Organic farming : An opportunity for dairy farmers in mountain area ?
Implementation of development actions, taking into account barriers and motivations of farmers and dairy products field stakeholders
Delphine Neumeister, Elsa Delanoue, Simon Fourdin and Anne-Charlotte Dockes
- Analyses of different brown cattle breeds and their crosses in Switzerland
Anet Spengler Neff, Dominique Mahrer, Jürg Moll, Alexander Burren and Christine Flury
- Challenges and opportunities for animal welfare in organic and low-input dairy farming
C. Winckler, L. Tremetsberger, C. Leeb
- Soil N balances and soil N dynamics under Irish dairy production systems
M. Necpalova, P. Phelan, I.A. Casey and J. Humphreys
- Role of rumen digestion in low-input systems
K.J. Shingfield and P. Huhtanen
- Grazing behavior and metabolic profile of 2 Holstein strains in an organic full-time grazing system
S. Thanner, F. Schori, R. M. Bruckmaier and F. Dohme-Meier
EAAP Annual Meeting 2011, Stavanger, Norway
Session 7: Symposium SOLID/ANIMALCHANGE: Life-cycle assessment of livestock production
Date: 29 August 2011; 08:30 – 12:30 hours
Book of abstract
Theatre Session 07
- Environmental impact associated with freshwater use along the life cycle of animal products
I.J.M. De Boer; I.E. Hoving and T.V Vellinga.
- Life cycle assessment of milk at the farm gate
T. Kristensen, L. Mogensen, M.T. Knudsen, A. Flysjo and J.E. Hermansen.
- Carbon footprinting of New Zealand lamb from an exporting nation’s perspective
S.F. Ledgard, M. Lieffering, D. Coup, and B. O’brien.
- A life cycle assessment of seasonal grass-based and confinement total mixed ration dairy farms
D. O’brien, L. Shalloo, J. Patton, F. Buckley, C. Grainger and M. Wallace.
- Is feeding more maize silage to dairy cows a good strategy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions?
C.E. Van Middelaar, J. Dijkstra, P.B.M. Berentsen and I.J.M. De Boer.
- Comparing strategies to aggregate environmental performances of individual farms into a dairy sector score
M.A. Dolman, H.C.J. Vrolijk and I.J.M. De Boer.
- Greenhouse gas emissions of Spanish sheep farming systems: allocating between meat production and ecosystem services
R. Ripoll-Bosch, I.J.M. De Boer, A. Bernués and T. Vellinga.
- Evaluation of the environmental sustainability of different European pig production systems using life cycle assessment
J.Y. Dourmad, J. Ryschawy, T. Trousson, J. Gonzalez, H.W.J. Houwers, M. Hviid, T.L.T. Nguyen and L. Morgensen.