Above: Work and information flow of the SOLID project consisting of 7 work packages (WP1-7 – and the administrative WP8).
To reach the SOLID objectives, SOLID will specifically:
- Actively involve stakeholders in a co-ordinated, participatory approach (organic and low input dairy farmers, farmer groups, advisors, processors)
- Quantify advantages of genotypes “adapted to organic and low input dairy production systems”
- Develop novel and sustainable feed resources and a decision support model to optimise management of on farm feed
- Develop a knowledge platform to assess environmental sustainability
- Evaluate the competitiveness of existing organic and low input dairy farms and novel strategies developed
- Disseminate knowledge to key stakeholders through a participatory framework.